The Weight Loss Center at Central Texas Medical Center helps people who have been diagnosed as clinically or morbidly obese to achieve significant, healthy weight loss. Through cutting-edge, minimally invasive procedures using the da Vinci® robotic-assisted system, patients of this service will prevent or reverse the serious diseases and conditions associated with obesity.
CTMC offers multiple weight loss surgeries, including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve and LAP-Band using the da Vinci® system, which means you benefit from smaller and fewer incisions, less stress and strain to your body and faster healing and recovery times.
Our dedicated team of specialists includes the region's leading da Vinci® surgeon, primary care physicians, registered dietitians, clinical counselors, wellness coaches and many more committed and compassionate individuals who are here to support you on your journey.
The Weight is Over Resource Guide
Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
- Following surgery, most patients lose weight rapidly and continue to do so for 18-24 months. Approximately 75% of these patients will lose and keep off 50-80% of their excess weight.
- Life-threatening medical conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, arthritis, elevated cholesterol, gastro-esophageal reflux disease and sleep apnea, commonly improve and often go away after successful surgery.
- Significantly improved energy levels for daily activity foster self-confidence and a healthier outlook on life.
Do I qualify for weight loss surgery?
If you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions, weight loss surgery may be the right option for you. Reach out to our staff to consult with a specialist in order to make the best decision for you and your family. To schedule your personal consultation, please call 512.353.6400.
- Is your BMI 40 of higher?
- Have you been diagnosed with an obesity-related health problem and have a BMI of 35 or higher?
- Does your weight cause physical ailments that interfere with your daily activities?