Tuesday, April 12, 2016
7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Embassy Suites San Marcos
1001 East McCarty Lane
We welcome you to participate in the 30th Annual CREATION HealthCheck, Hays County’s largest health screening and fair. This event is built to provide you with the most updated and valuable health services available. HealthCheck provides pre-event community blood draws for a low fee of $30 (additional screenings available with associated low fees), free clinical provider result interpretations, over 60 exhibitors offering services and information with more than 30 free screenings/assessments (more than $500 in valuable health screenings and services).
• Registration: January 18 – March 25. To pre-register, call CTMC’s CREATION Health Institute at 512.753.3818 or email us at CTMCCreationHealthInstitute.org. Business hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday.
• Pre-event Community Blood Draws: February 12 – March 25.
• CREATION HealthCheck Screening & Fair: Tuesday, April 12, Embassy Suites Conference Center (1001 East McCarty Lane) from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Walk-in registration and blood draws available from 7:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. (must be fasting for at least 8 hours).
HealthCheck Screening Fees
• Basic Screening Panel, $30 – Includes Complete Metabolic Panel (screening for glucose and renal and liver disorders); Lipid Panel (cholesterol with HDL/LDL breakdown, triglycerides); and Complete Blood Cell Count (hematology disorders including white blood cell, hemoglobin, hematocrit and platelets).
• Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), $15. The TSH test measures the amount of thyroid stimulating hormone in your blood to determine whether or not the thyroid gland is working properly.
• Hemoglobin A1C, $15. This test is used to measure the amount of glucose that attaches to the protein in the red blood cells. It shows your average blood glucose for up to 3 months.
• Vitamin D, $15. The function of Vitamin D is to maintain normal blood metabolism balance of calcium and phosphorus. Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium - helping to maintain strong bones.
• Hepatitis C, $15. Hepatitis C affects the liver. It can scar your liver without showing symptoms. People born between 1945 and 1965 should screen for the Hepatitis C virus.
• Carotid Artery Screening, $30. Doppler ultrasound screens for carotid artery disease caused by plaque build-up in arteries associated with increased risk of stroke.
• Peripheral Arterial Disease, $30. Ultrasound comparison between blood pressure in arms to blood pressure in legs to indicate blockages associated with higher risk for heart disease.
Note: "Other Screenings" are available by appointment prior to HealthCheck. Limited number of appointments available and qualifying criteria is required.
Pre-Event Community Blood Draw Locations/Dates
(Draws held 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. Must fast for at least 8 hours)
SAN MARCOS: CTMC Community Classroom, 1301 Wonder World Dr.
February 12, February 19, February 26, March 4, March 11, March 18, March 25
LOCKHART: Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 118 North Church Street, Lockhart
KYLE: Live Oak Health Partners Primary & Specialty Care, 177B Kirkham Circle
New Braunfels: Gruene United Methodist Church, 2629 E Common ST, New Braunfels
WIMBERLEY: Live Oak Health Partners Primary Care, 201FM 3237 Suite 111
San Marcos: The Price Center, 222 W San Antonio St, San Marcos, TX 78666- 7:30 a.m. -9:30 a.m.
Blood analysis results will be available at the April 12 HealthCheck event unless critical values are discovered, in which case you will be contacted by telephone immediately. Lab results are protected health information that may only be released to the patient. You must bring a picture ID to pick up results. If not picked up on April 12, you will receive your results in the mail a week after the event. If you have additional questions, please call 512.753.3818. Se habla Español.
HealthCheck is brought to you in partnership with: