April 18, 2013
7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We welcome you in participating in the 27th Annual HealthCheck Health Screening & Fair, which is Hays County’s oldest and largest health screening event. More than $500 in valuable health screenings and services are provided for a low $45 fee. This, combined with more than 70 exhibitors, makes HealthCheck an event you do not want to miss.
View the vendors list here
• Registration: January 7 - April 5. To pre-register, call CTMC’s Institute for Healthy Living at 512.753.3818 or
visit our Community Resource Center in the CTMC main lobby. Business hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday.
• Pre-event Community Blood Draws: February 8 - March 29.
• HealthCheck Health Screening & Fair - April 18 – Embassy Suites Conference Center (1001 East McCarty Lane) From 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Walk-in registration and blood draws available (must be fasting for at least 8 hours).
Fees for HealthCheck
• Basic screening, $45 – Includes Complete Metabolic Panel (screening for glucose and renal and liver disorders); Lipid Panel (cholesterol with HDL/LDL breakdown, triglycerides); and Complete Blood Cell Count for hematology disorders including white, hemoglobin, hematocrit and platelets.
• Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), $15. The TSH test measures the amount of thyroid stimulating hormone in your blood to determine whether or not the thyroid gland is working properly.
• Hemoglobin A1C, $15. This test is used to measure the amount of glucose that attaches to the protein in the red blood cells. It shows your average blood glucose for up to 3 months.
• Vitamin D, $30. The function of vitamin D is to maintain normal blood metabolism balance of calcium and phorphorus. Vitamin D aids in the absorption of calcium - helping to maintain strong bones.
• NEW - Hepatitis C, $30. A chronic, infectious disease that affects the liver and is caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV). The infection is often asymptomatic, but chronic infection can lead to scarring of the liver or cirrhosis and in some cases to Hepatocellular carcinoma, a rare and fatal cancer. Recently this past August, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) updated their screening recommendations for HCV. All individuals born between 1945 and 1965 should receive a screening test for HCV.
• Carotid Artery Screening, $30. Doppler ultrasound screens for carotid artery disease caused by plaque build-up. Available by appointment prior to HealthCheck. Limited number of screenings and qualifying criteria required.
• Peripheral Arterial Disease, $30. Compares blood pressure in arms to blood pressure in legs. Can indicate blockages associated with a higher risk for heart disease. Available by appointment prior to HealthCheck. Limited number of screenings and qualifying criteria required. Provided by Austin Heart-San Marcos.
Public Blood Draw Locations/Dates (Draws held 7 a.m. - 10 a.m. Must fast for at least 8 hours)
LOCATION: San Marcos, CTMC Community Classroom, 1305 Wonder World Dr.
DATES: February 8, 15, 22; March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
LOCATION: Kyle, CTMC Kyle Clinic, 151A Kirkham Circle (Plum Creek)
DATES: March 19 & 20
LOCATION: Wimberley, Community Center, 14068 Ranch Road 12
DATE: March 25
LOCATION: Lockhart, Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 118 North Church Street
DATE: March 18
Blood analysis results will be available at the April 18th HealthCheck event unless critical values are discovered, in which case you will be contacted by telephone immediately. Lab results are protected health information that may only be released to the patient. You must bring a picture ID to pick up results. If not picked up on April 18, you will receive your results in the mail a week or so after the event. If you have additional questions, please call 512.753.3818. Se habla Español.
HealthCheck is brought to you in partnership with: