SAN MARCOS, TEXAS
- Each year, Texas Monthly magazine publishes its list of the state’s ‘Super Doctors,’ which identifies top doctors as selected by their peers and the independent research of Key Professional Media. The most recent listing appeared in Texas Monthly’s December issue and included 11 physicians from Central Texas Medical Center’s (CTMC) medical staff who practice in San Marcos. They are as follows:
• Edward F. Coles, MD - Gastroenterology
• William K. Deschner, MD - Gastroenterology/Internal Medicine
• Michael J. Grady, MD - Pediatrics
• Ellen M. Grimm, MD - Nephrology/Pediatrics
• Thomas Kepczyk, MD - Gastroenterology/Internal Medicine
• Charles R. Mathis, MD - General Surgery
• Steven T. Minor, MD - Cardiology/Internal Medicine
• Gregory K. Moore, MD - Internal Medicine
• James E. Pickett, III, MD - Ophthalmology
• Jack W. Wallis, MD - Family Medicine/Sports Medicine
• Donald L. Willis, MD - Urology
“CTMC is blessed to have a highly-skilled medical staff that helps us extend the healing ministry of Christ to the communities we serve each and every day,” said CTMC Administrative Director of PR/Marketing Clay DeStefano. “We add our congratulations and thanks to these eleven San Marcos doctors from our medical staff who have received recognition by the Super Doctors initiative this past year.”
To find a physician, please visit ctmc.org and click the “Find a Doctor” icon on the home page or download CTMC’s smart phone app, CTMC Connect, available in the Apple and Android app stores.
The hospital, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, was restructured in 1960. The present facility was opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. The CTMC staff of more than 700 employees works with more than 220 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families.
In addition, over 200 community members and interns from area educational institutions volunteer their services to the hospital. In 2010, 2011 and 2012, CTMC was named The Best Hospital in Hays County. CTMC also added a certified Chest Pain Center to its ER capabilities in 2011 and became an accredited Primary Stroke Center in 2013. In 2012, CTMC became the first operating room along the IH-35 corridor between Austin and San Antonio to be equipped with a da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery suite.
CTMC is a member of the Adventist Health System (AHS), a not-for-profit healthcare organization that emphasizes Christ at the center of care. Founded in 1973, Adventist Health System is a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. Today, Adventist Health System supports 45 campuses in 10 states and employs nearly 70,000 individuals. Adventist Health System hospitals are comprised of more nearly 8,300 licensed beds, providing care for 4.5 million patients each year in inpatient, outpatient and emergency room visits.