March 14, 2011
CTMC Patient Satisfaction Continues to Improve
SAN MARCOS, TX – From quality of care to physician interactions, patients’ perceptions of Central Texas Medical Center (CTMC) and its medical staff continue to improve. More patients say they will continue to go back to Central Texas Medical Center (CTMC) for their health care needs. That’s according to the recent Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) report. CTMC and several of its physicians received “green lights” in several categories.
HCAHPS is the national standard for collecting and publicly reporting information about patient experience and the care received. The survey asks randomly selected discharged patients 27 questions about their recent hospital stay. Question topics range from communication, cleanliness, responsiveness, pain management and if they would recommend the hospital.
CTMC received a green light in the following categories:
• CTMC received a green light for overall satisfaction and communication about medications.
• PCU received green lights for communication about medication, overall satisfaction and willingness to recommend, nurse communication, and quiet.
• Women’s Services received green lights for communication about medications, overall satisfaction and willingness to recommend, pain management and cleanliness.
• Medical/Surgical received a green light for discharge information.
• Kody Kunda, MD and Teresa Irwin, MD received green lights for doctor communication.
• Teresa Irwin, MD; Barrett Blaue, MD; and Boguslaw Godlewski, MD received green lights for willingness to recommend.
• Teresa Irwin, MD; Charles Mathis, MD; Kody Kunda, MD; Alcides Cairus, MD; Boguslaw Godlewski, MD; Faisal Syed, MD; Steven Minor, MD; Barrett Blaue, MD; and Jenifer Kowalik, MD received green lights for overall satisfaction.
“We are pleased to see that our patients are reconfirming the hard work and commitment to excellence that our physicians and associates are providing every day,” said Clay DeStefano, CTMC Administrative Director of PR and Marketing. “This latest survey is a good measure of the improvements in care and services we’ve made at CTMC.”
To find a physician at CTMC, log on to www.ctmc.org and click on the Find a Doctor tab.