CTMC ‘PAINTING IT PINK’
FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS, FUNDING
SAN MARCOS, TX – October marks the annual change in season as fall colors begin to take hold on our landscape but this year, one color is shining brighter than the rich autumn leaves – Pink. The color is the signature of annual Breast Cancer Awareness efforts throughout the nation. Here in Central Texas, Central Texas Medical Center (CTMC) is painting it pink throughout Hays County by joining forces with a number of organizations in a series of events and activities to provide much needed free mammograms and to raise awareness/funds in the local fight against breast cancer.
Once again, CTMC is teaming up with Community Action to provide up to 100 free mammograms to area women who have no means to pay for one and meet Community Action’s criteria. In addition, the hospital has teamed up with local firefighters to sponsor and host the Pink Heals Tour and related events as well as creating a new fundraising dining event with Tres Hermanas, a locally-owned restaurant, and an open house of its new digital mammography suite will take place this month.
Here’s a recap of CTMC’s lineup of activities for Breast Cancer Awareness month:
All month long – 100 Free Mammograms to area women who qualify;
• Pink Carnations and inspirational book marks provided to all women who receive a mammogram at CTMC throughout the month;
• 10/16 Pink Heals Tour
• Pink Heals Rally – 1 – 5 p.m. at San Marcos Plaza Park. Join this free celebration of survival and remembrance featuring the Pink Fire Truck, food, live music, kids activities and more;
- 10/19 TX ST Dig Pink Women's Volleyball Game
• Proceeds from silent auction benefit CTMC’s breast Cancer outreach efforts
- 10/19 Tres Hermana’s Rosado Fundraiser
o 50% of all meal proceeds for the day will be donated to CTMC’s breast cancer outreach efforts
• 10/20 CTMC Digital Mammo Suite Open House
• 5:30 – 7 p.m. Enjoy hors d’oeuvres, learn about the latest in diagnosis and treatment, tour the new facility and take in some inspirational artwork inspired by breast cancer survivors;
• 10/21 National Mammography Day
• Pink-T-Shirt day and group photo at CTMC;
• 10/26 TX ST CAMCO Bra and Fashion Night
• A truly inspirational and unique event – don’t miss it!
For more information about any of CTMC’s Pink-related events and activities, visit ctmc.org or call 512-753-3603.